Beta Testing

Hi,

I would be very interested in beta testing the Garmin Connect Mobile app. I am a windows insider also and would like to try out the newest beta releases with the recent insider previews. Is there any way to join the beta program for the windows mobile app?

Thanks!

Bye
  • Hi Garmin,

no feedback at all, really? At least a statement like "no, we are not doing public beta tests and are not planning to do that in the near/far future" would be nice so everybody knows... Is anybody from Garmin reading the statements in this forums?

Thanks!

Bye
  • Fitbit puts Garmin to shame in this respect - as far as I'm concerned they're setting the bar for interacting with their customers. Will definitely make me consider one of their products when my VAHR dies.
  • Yes, I am really disappointed that not even one person from Garmin answered in this thread and told us whether beta tests are generally not to be expected for their apps or if there is hope that in the future we might get a possibility to test those apps before they get released...
  • It is pretty sad. I too would be interested in beta testing a newer version of the app. As it stands notifications are barely working on my Fenix 5 and I'm worried that this will be completely broken when the new version of windows 10 mobile is released at the end of this month. The reason why im not on an insider build is the threads on here re the app not working at all with the latest insider.
  • It is pretty sad. I too would be interested in beta testing a newer version of the app. As it stands notifications are barely working on my Fenix 5 and I'm worried that this will be completely broken when the new version of windows 10 mobile is released at the end of this month. The reason why im not on an insider build is the threads on here re the app not working at all with the latest insider.

I have bought my Fenix 5 2 weeks back and as I am on an insider built notifications are not working at all. I am still in hope we get a newer version of the app with the new bluetooth APIs from Windows 10 in the near future so all of these problems will be gone... A feedback from Garmin would be VERY welcome...
  • I am fully sharing your idea Talkabout !. Being an insider fast (with all the drawbacks:)) since the beginning I removed myself from the programm for the first time yesterday to try to fully pair my new Garmin 820.... Bluetooth pairing is OK (from WIN, and not from GCM!!), but sync works sporadically, and notifications are just not working at all....

Tried 5 different builds till now without any luck, but looking at all the threads, it looks like Garmin and MS are still looking at the RC!!

Garmin, if you read the posts, please consider this Beta testing group, you will then have a fairly different customer satisfaction (you will listen us). I went to garmin especially with the WIN OS compatibility, but I am starting to regret my 400eur spend!
  • Considering the date when this thread was started and the fact, that nobody from Garmin even noticed it, I do not think we will get any feedback, unfortunately...