Windows Insider Fast Ring .... a glimmer of hope!

If youre not on the Fast Ring / RS2 then this isn't for you...

So, as we all know there are some BIG issues with Bluetooth comms on the Fast Ring / RS2 builds effecting wearables - Garmin, Vector, MS Bans etc.

Been on the most recent build 14977 and same issues with BT disconnecting etc...

But, somehow a build 14998.1000 slipped out (by accident maybe) to my 950XL and I can confirm that the BT is stable, reconnects when I have been away from the phone and even without GC being open....

Good news indeed and hope the next few builds get even more stable!

And hope 15002 doesn't break it :(
  • really the fix is not in 15222

Wait for the next fast ring build, I hope it's in there. It's hard to tell when a fix will reach the public, as there are many layers of testing before it reaches a fast ring build.
  • Fitbit has notifications working great with 15222. Now if only GCM could come up to speed I might be able to stop using the Fitbit and go back to my Fenix 5X.
  • Fitbit has notifications working great with 15222. Now if only GCM could come up to speed I might be able to stop using the Fitbit and go back to my Fenix 5X.

The question is why is it working for Fitbit but not for Garmin... I still think that Garmin has not migrated their code to the new Bluetooth APIs and that is why the current build is not working with GCM. It would be nice to have a confirmation from Garmin side about that but I doubt they would even tell us. We will know immediately when the next Windows Mobile build will find the way into the fast ring and the connection to devices will be as unreliable as it was before... hopefully not!

Bye
  • Garmin fixes haven't hit the fast ring yet

Really. I volunteered my fenix 3HR for testing, if they needed one. I was told to wait until the current checked in fixes hit the fast ring. And I verified with them that they hadn't yet. I'll post here with my results when it does.
  • Really. I volunteered my fenix 3HR for testing, if they needed one. I was told to wait until the current checked in fixes hit the fast ring. And I verified with them that they hadn't yet. I'll post here with my results when it does.

So you are in contact directly with Microsoft?
  • Name on the product !

I work for a manufacturing company which makes heavy mobile equipment.
    As you can imagine we have many vendor components used as well as parts we make ourselves.
    Engine, pumps, motors, cylinders, valves, etc.
    When we have a problem with a vendor component - we work feverishly with the vendor to get this resolved and customer happy.
    It never works if we tell the customer, its joe engines fault - we will see what we can do ... blah blah blah.
    Its our name on the product and if it doesn't work, its our fault.

Garmin needs to understand this and do whatever it takes to make the customer happy, and fight on our behalf with MS if necessary.
  • finally seeing reliable connections

Fenix 5x 4.10
    GC 3.19
    Win Mobile 10.0.15223

Have not seen one failed connection/sync after all three updates.

Cheers and thanks to Garmin Team!
  • Fenix 5x 4.10
    GC 3.19
    Win Mobile 10.0.15223

Have not seen one failed connection/sync after all three updates.

Cheers and thanks to Garmin Team!

Same here, the sync seems to be working great. But still no notifications. Let's see if the next fast ring insider build will fix that.

Bye
  • I've even had notifications working, as long as I have the application open. Initially, right after the latest update to GCM, weather and music controls were working (say what!!!), but now weather shows the usual "Waiting for data", and music controls work intermittently. Small steps? Here's hoping to continued improvement. I really, really don't want to move to Fitbit, or worse, Android!
  • Burton varre

New Insider Build for Mobile (15226) was released today. It seems Bluetooth fix is not included in that version, too, as there is no improvement I can see (still no notifications)... We have to wait a few weeks more...