Windows Insider Fast Ring .... a glimmer of hope!

If youre not on the Fast Ring / RS2 then this isn't for you...

So, as we all know there are some BIG issues with Bluetooth comms on the Fast Ring / RS2 builds effecting wearables - Garmin, Vector, MS Bans etc.

Been on the most recent build 14977 and same issues with BT disconnecting etc...

But, somehow a build 14998.1000 slipped out (by accident maybe) to my 950XL and I can confirm that the BT is stable, reconnects when I have been away from the phone and even without GC being open....

Good news indeed and hope the next few builds get even more stable!

And hope 15002 doesn't break it :(
  • WM : 15025
    GC : 1.12.2.0
    Fenix 3 HR : 4.2
    I have no music and no Weather
    Stability is not good
  • I'm getting "Bluetooth is not available on this device" on my phone with this one, most of the time. Occasionally, it'll show both connected and that message, and I think at least once it has actually synced. But mostly it's a step backwards.
  • Agree

I'm on build 15043, and I think it's a step backwards as well on my Lumia 640 --- setting up and the initial sync after uninstalling / reinstalling the GCM app seemed promising but the phone will not stay connected on its own and nothing works after that outside of a manual sync with the app (and only sometimes).

I had to move onto 15043 since prior builds had an issue with the Bluetooth UI that blocked unpairing and repairing devices.
  • Upgraded the OS on my Lumia‑532 to 10.0.15043.0, and uninstalled then reinstalled Garmin Connect Mobile 3.15.0.0.

The phone struggled to pair with my FR630 (although it finally did, after about 20‑minutes of trying on my part). Activity tracking seems to sync OK, but smart notifications don't seem to work in spite of having been enabled in the toggles, and Find My Phone doesn't work either.
  • Vivoactive HR with Microsoft Lumia 950 xl build 10.0.15047.0

Hello, same problem with syncing, I've tried uninstall app and reinstall, unpair and pair again vivoactive with Lumia, no notification at all, working meteo and calendar (sync with office) widget, control music shown but working only when Garmin Connect and Groove are open. Sync sometimes keeps an error, closing app and restart help to solve.
    :(
  • WM 15047
    GM 3.15
    Fenix HR 3

Connexion is Ok, but not stable. I have :
    - Music feature : Ok, but no connexion with the phone. I can't Start or stop a music
    - Weather : KO, waiting for data
    - Calendar : Ok
    - Notification : KO, no notifications
    - DataSync : Difficult to say
    - Find my watch (from my phone) KO
    - Find my Phone (from my watch) KO (I am at 10 cm, and it is yellow
  • Lumia 950 w/ Vivoactive HR

Hello, same problem with syncing, I've tried uninstall app and reinstall, unpair and pair again vivoactive with Lumia, no notification at all, working meteo and calendar (sync with office) widget, control music shown but working only when Garmin Connect and Groove are open. Sync sometimes keeps an error, closing app and restart help to solve.
    :(

I was having the same issues as you are having. Contacting support is USELESS because they only thing they will say is that the 950/950XL haven't been tested with the Vivoactive HR. Their stickiness to the script is actually quite aggravating. I had to return the Vivoactive HR and I'm waiting for the replacement to come tomorrow, so I'll test with this newest version of Windows 10 mobile BETA on the Fast Ring.

I just hope Garmin looks at how their app is interacting with the Win10M OS and applies some fixes.
  • Next version of Win10M almost released and sync doesn't work

Neither sync nor notifications work at all.
    I'm on a Lumia 950xl fast ring OS. The next official version (RS2) ships in a few weeks.
    I still have to use Garmin Express to sync, every few days.
    I hope we see a new version of Connect real soon. I wish Garmin would make a beta version available, as the shipping version is useless.
  • Neither sync nor notifications work at all.
    I'm on a Lumia 950xl fast ring OS. The next official version (RS2) ships in a few weeks.
    I still have to use Garmin Express to sync, every few days.
    I hope we see a new version of Connect real soon. I wish Garmin would make a beta version available, as the shipping version is useless.

I also have the same issue with the recent fast ring release on my Lumia 950xl, no notifications at all. For me this is very frustrating as I have bought a Fenix 5 few days back and was not even able to checkout how those works :)

But as Garmin has not given up on Windows Phone (they created a universal app for Windows 10) I think they are waiting for the Creators Update to get officially released and will then give access to a new version of the Garmin Connect Mobile app that will take advantage of the changed APIs for Bluetooth.

We will see...
  • oueby close

I hope you are right. I know Fitbit has opened up beta testing to insiders and are actively collecting feedback and releasing new beta revisions. At this point I feel like I chose the wrong brand. Why isn't Garmin doing this? Maybe they already have all the bugs worked out.

I am pretty sure Garmin has an internal beta program that is simply not public. But I totally agree that they should open it up to get the best out of their products, based on customers feedback.

I have already created a thread trying to get into their beta program: https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?372578-Beta-Testing

Maybe they will give information on that...