Windows Insider Fast Ring .... a glimmer of hope!

If youre not on the Fast Ring / RS2 then this isn't for you...

So, as we all know there are some BIG issues with Bluetooth comms on the Fast Ring / RS2 builds effecting wearables - Garmin, Vector, MS Bans etc.

Been on the most recent build 14977 and same issues with BT disconnecting etc...

But, somehow a build 14998.1000 slipped out (by accident maybe) to my 950XL and I can confirm that the BT is stable, reconnects when I have been away from the phone and even without GC being open....

Good news indeed and hope the next few builds get even more stable!

And hope 15002 doesn't break it :(
  • So, we got 15007 instead of 15002.

This morning, not getting any notifications thru despite seeing all the changes.

However, the change log at Microsoft (see below) for 15007 looks very promising so I think Garmin need to update their GC app with the new SDK.

New Bluetooth APIs (PC & Mobile): This is the first build you can try out the new APIs that enable GATT Server, Bluetooth LE Peripheral role and unpaired Bluetooth LE device connectivity. We will be flighting an updated SDK tomorrow, please look for 15003 or greater SDK. For more information, the Windows developer blog will have post tomorrow on GATT Server once the SDK flights.
  • So, we got 15007 instead of 15002.

This morning, not getting any notifications thru despite seeing all the changes.

However, the change log at Microsoft (see below) for 15007 looks very promising so I think Garmin need to update their GC app with the new SDK.

New Bluetooth APIs (PC & Mobile): This is the first build you can try out the new APIs that enable GATT Server, Bluetooth LE Peripheral role and unpaired Bluetooth LE device connectivity. We will be flighting an updated SDK tomorrow, please look for 15003 or greater SDK. For more information, the Windows developer blog will have post tomorrow on GATT Server once the SDK flights.

Any updates? I'm currently downloading 15014, in hopes it works, but I don't tend to stay on Insider Fast.
  • Any updates? I'm currently downloading 15014, in hopes it works, but I don't tend to stay on Insider Fast.

Guess I'll reply to myself. After a bit of a pain getting my phone re-paired with my fenix 3 HR, I get Conneced/Disconnected notifications, which I don't remember before, and I get live data on my phone, but it still doesn't sync data, and no notifications yet.
  • Notifications working

Hello,

Since a minor update bumped up my Forerunner 235 to WRH 2.50 about a week ago, I unpaired and re-paired my device (a Lumia 640 running Windows 10 14965 via the slow ring / Connect mobile 1.12.2.0). For some reason, now I have reliable notifications from my phone, though I can't kick off a sync from the app watch that works. Nothing seems to be required as far as starting the connect mobile app explicitly --- notifications seem to work fine even if I restart the phone, which never worked before. I get much more consistent connected / disconnected notifications too.

Of course your mileage may vary.
  • Insider Build 15014 - Only Live Data - No Sync - No Notifiacation

I'm on Fenix 3 HR and Insider Build 15014. Synchronisation does not work, no Notifications. (Multiple re-installed app/ bt reairing) and If there are new BT API's , maybe Garmin is working on a update. Would be nice to participate in a Beta for the new Version.... Anyone from Garmin reading this ? Any help appriciated.
  • I'm on Fenix 3 HR and Insider Build 15014. Synchronisation does not work, no Notifications. (Multiple re-installed app/ bt reairing) and If there are new BT API's , maybe Garmin is working on a update. Would be nice to participate in a Beta for the new Version.... Anyone from Garmin reading this ? Any help appriciated.

Same here. Sometime though, when the GC is open it works flawlessly. Until I switch apps.

As MS is planning on rolling out the Creators Edition (RS2) in 2-3 months I would expect the Garmin dev team to have the new BT APIs and SDK (Software Development Kit) but MS did say the SDK weren't to be used on commercial apps as the SDK is still in beta.

As Reto says.... Garmin.... Are you listening? Can you provide some update for us and maybe roll out a Beta GC to us on the Fast Ring as other manufacturers do? (I recently left Vector for Garmin and they had a great community and beta apps)
  • Getting some notifications

Guess I'll reply to myself. After a bit of a pain getting my phone re-paired with my fenix 3 HR, I get Conneced/Disconnected notifications, which I don't remember before, and I get live data on my phone, but it still doesn't sync data, and no notifications yet.

I'm getting notifications for the first time. 950xl on fast ring.
    Some daily data is syncing, but not fully, as in yesterdays data is never there.
    Using Connect Express on my desktop gets a full sync.
    Definite improvement.
  • New fast ring build today on WPM10

Much better than previous one for BT, but it looks like we need some Garmin updates now.
  • Syncing with Lumia 950 / Vivoactive HR

Hi,

I'm also unsing the latest WM10 Build 10.0.15025.1001 in my Lumia 950 with my Garmin Vivoactive HR.
    I'm getting all the notifications on my Garmin, but I have also the issue, that some datas are syncronsided with the connected app von my mobile and some are not. It also says "Connected" and "real time data" but some are just not syncing. I'm also not able to download new App/Widgets/Clocks/etc.... Connection App cannot see any software that is installed on the Garmin.
    When I check the web page, it also shows only data from this morning (now is afternoon)

Any news from Garmin Support on this matter??

Thanks,
    best regards,Max
  • Three new observations this morning, on 15025 with a Fenix 3 HR:

1) The Garmin Connect app stayed alive overnight, which never happens. it came right back to where I was yesterday when I started it. Not a big deal, but of note.
    2) I use the Titanium watch face. The Bluetooth icon showed up this morning, I haven't seen it for quite a while, even while seeing live data on the phone.
    3) The Music App shows as connected. It doesn't do anything, but this is the first time I've seen the controls, rather than the "Follow steps on Garmin Connect Mobile to pair". It's gone away now, but it was there.