Garmin Connect on Windows 10 PC - multiple devices query...

I have just bought my parents a Vivofit 2 each to help them focus on getting fitter. They are both in their mid 70s and don't have mobile phones. They do however have a Windows 10 PC that I was planning to install the Windows version of Garmin Connect on.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have two Vivofit devices connected to the Windows 10 PC Garmin Connect with each counting the steps independently - one for my dad and one for my mum. I am fine creating two Garmin logons for them, if needed, but I want my parents to continue using their single Windows account logon. i.e. I don't want to have two separate windows logons.

thanks

Alex
  • I know viewing the stats on the GC web page wouldn't be a problem as long as you have two separate Garmin accounts. Not sure how you'd handle it in Garmin Express for syncing them though. I don't see any option there to log-off and log in with a different account.
  • Thanks Ravenwing.

After some further research I can confirm that Garmin Connect App on Windows 10 (downloaded from the Windows App Store) doesn't support devices for different people. However if you have the Vivofit 2 then the workaround is to use Garmin Express and the ANT+ receiver instead. I have successfully set up my mum and dad's Vivofit 2 on a single Windows 10 PC with them both synching independently via Garmin Express/ANT+

thanks
  • Thanks Ravenwing.

After some further research I can confirm that Garmin Connect App on Windows 10 (downloaded from the Windows App Store) doesn't support devices for different people. However if you have the Vivofit 2 then the workaround is to use Garmin Express and the ANT+ receiver instead. I have successfully set up my mum and dad's Vivofit 2 on a single Windows 10 PC with them both synching independently via Garmin Express/ANT+

thanks

Each person should have their own Windows account and log into Windows with their own. This is advisable not only for Garmin Express but email, calendar and other services too.