Connect !Q Watch Faces

Hello, new Fenix 5 owner here with a request concerning 3rd party watch faces. After several sync attempts with Garmin Connect, I finally was able to download 5 watch faces from the Connect IQ store. I got to enjoy these .. for about 2 hours, Then they basically disappeared from the watch. Now, in place of each of the 5 new watch faces, I get a blank screen which contains the letters "IQ", with a yellow circle showing an exclamation point covering the upper right 1/4 of the letter "Q" for each new face. Looking at the Connect app, I have all 5 faces shown as being installed on the watch. Any suggestions?
  • If these are paid wf - the problem could be if you've entered a false unlock code in the settings of the wf... this will result also in such problems...
  • The "IQ!" indicates the watch face crashed. I could be that one caused the others to crash (that's not rea common), so maybe try installing one at a time to see which may be causing the problem, then use "contact developer" for that Wf and let the developer know.

Which watch faces were you using?
  • Gents, many thanks for the input, Jim, I've tried each of the faces by themselves, and unfortunately the same result occurred. The faces I've downloaded are: Crystal, NoFrills, Data Lover, GearMin and JMG-WF Integral. I could, of course, download some others, but I suspect the result will be the same.

Truth be told, I would be happy with the faces that Garmin included with the watch except for one thing - the data that can be used for modifications of these faces does not include heart rate - or, if it does, I'm unable to figure out how to do it!

Thanks again for the help - much appreciated.
  • Strange, especially when it happens with so many of them... Have you tried hard-restarting the watch? (Long press light-button until it turns off).

Then remove all of them and add them one by one, testing as you install. Might be something corrupted...
  • Hey Flipstone, many thanks! I tried your method, and it worked! All watch faces now installed and functional. That's the good news. The bad? I must have touched something wrong, because I got disconnected and had to sign back into Garmin Connect. Long story short, wasn't able to do that, so I uninstalled Connect, then reinstalled it. And now, no matter what I do - despite following the numerous visual and written instructions on pairing - my unit will NOT pair with my android phone. After about 40 failed tries, I've put it away and am currently contemplating becoming an ex-Fenix 5 owner. Despite having a great build and being multi-function capable, I'm now wondering if it's worth the hassle and frustration.
    Sorry for the bad vibes - just down right now - but want to make sure you know your input and advice were very much appreciated!
  • I have only one watch face I downloaded and it has disappeared and replaced with ‘IQ’ and an ! on it. Have tried to download 2 further faces and the same happens with those. Anyone know why and what I can do to sort it out?

• I am facing the same issue with my VA3!

A reboot of the watch fixes this issue for a couple of hours, then the stock watch faces uesd again and all other watch faces are replaced with "IQ!"...

• Which watch?

On the Vivoactive 3 there was a problem identified a while ago and was fixed with a firmware update.

• This problem just seems to have resolved itself!! Kept syncing it over & over & that didn’t work so left it alone for few hours & when I next looked the download face was back along with 2 others I had tried to download to test the problem. So no idea what went wrong or how it resolved itself!

• I regularly sync with the mobile app and no update is offered... Still facingn these issues with my Vivoactive 3 with the following firmware:

SW-Version: 6.90
    GPS-Version: 2.50
    TSC-Version: 2.10
    Sensorversion: 6.40
    WHR-Version: 20.03.31
    Connect IQ: 3.1.3