This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Allocating gear to one activity, without making it the default.

Good Day. I have 2 active pairs of running shoes added to my profile. 1 for road, and 1 for trail. Majority of my running is on road, so the road shoes are the default.
If I run a trail route today and synchronize my watch (Forerunner 35), how do I allocate the trail shoe to that activity? I don't want to change the trail shoes to become the default.
Thanks in advance.

• On the activity when viewing it through Connect Mobile, you click on three dots (top right of the screen) and then choose Add or Remove Gear, and select the shoes you want to add to that activity.

If you really wanted to know to make your trail running shoes default just for a trail run, sadly you can't do that Disappointed

• I did the above, and it all looks like it saves, til I go back to the home screen and it defaulted back to the original info. I manually went and updated all my trail runs to link to my trail shoes, I saved all of it but when I check my gear it still shows as 0 miles on my trail shoes. I did this 4x but it isnt saving (even though it appears to link and save). pls help 

• I managed to copy the activity and renamed it for my cycling.  So than I can choose "bike 1" for my road bike and "bike 2" for my mountain bike.  

• GARMIN, LISTEN - runners are often rotating between several pairs of shoes, and many cyclists have more than one bike like in my case — why the app forces us to use a default pair of shoes and bike of allowing us choose amongst gear listed makes this feature rather useless.  This is espexially the case for shoes, when this feature could have been useful to track its remaning life.

• why the app forces us to use a default pair of shoes

Are you sure about that? I don't have a default pair of shoes. I just add the correct shoe after the activity is recorded. However, to the OP's point, I can see where for some people associating an activity type to a specific shoe would be beneficial. For me that wouldn't work because I have multiple shoes for trail and road.

I suggest submitting your request via the web form - https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/

• I don't really understand the disconnect with runners having multiple pairs of shoes and being able to add a choice to easily attach a shoe to a run that is better than what we have. At any one time I may have 3-4 shoes depending on the season and training I'm doing and I'd love to be able to track the miles on them easier.

• Moved thread to Garmin Connect Web, as this is not specific to the iOS app.

• I don't really understand the disconnect with runners having multiple pairs of shoes and being able to add a choice to easily attach a shoe to a run that is better than what we have.

That's exactly what I do. What prevents you from setting up multiple pairs of shoes, and assigning them to a specific run whenever you want? If you did not see it, you can assign the gear to the Activity very easiy, by clicking the gear symbol under the Activity title on its page:

If using the phone app, it is the option Add or Remove Gear in the menu of the Activity screen