This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incident Detection and Garmin Contacts

Since you now have to add contacts to your Garmin account, it keeps saying that there is a digit missing from the contacts number, which there isn't, so now I don't have any incident detection working. Had anyone else got this working? Cheers
  • I have the same problem. Would love to know if anyone has fixed this.
  • Hmm... I vaguely recall that the uploaded numbers had the country code at the beginning. (1 for USA, 44 for the UK, 49 for Germany, etc.) Perhaps the appropriate code needs to be added?

-- Pete
  • You mean we have to add a country code to all 500+ contacts? They didn't need all of the contacts last year. Why do they need them now? They only need the numbers for Incident Detection as far as I'm concerned.
  • Try to add the international, Phone no in Front beginning with +
  • No dice. Won't take either format (i.e. +1-416-967-1111 or 1-416-967-1111) as a valid phone number.

I'm also getting repeated full screen bug notices on the 520+ about Incident Detection being disabled while riding.

Last time the 520+ (falsely) detected an incident anyways, the device locked up and prevented me from cancelling sending it. Good thing the phone connection also failed, so my wife didn't get a scary text.
  • No dice. Won't take either format (i.e. +1-416-967-1111 or 1-416-967-1111) as a valid phone number.

I'm also getting repeated full screen bug notices on the 520+ about Incident Detection being disabled while riding.

Last time the 520+ (falsely) detected an incident anyways, the device locked up and prevented me from cancelling sending it. Good thing the phone connection also failed, so my wife didn't get a scary text.

Did you try +1 416 967 1111

that was working for me..
  • This whole process is ridiculous. Although Wahoo apparently doesn't have incident detection they do have live tracking and they don't require all of your contacts or any special known-only-to-them formatting. I think this may be the end of the line for me and Garmin. And I was about to buy a 1030. I've spent well over $1000 on garmin but this may be it!
  • Did you try +1 416 967 1111

that was working for me..

How do you get the spaces to stick? Regardless of whether I put in dashes, spaces, or nothing, once I save the number I get dashes.

And then get rejected by the incident detection page.
  • Hi,

I have only added a existing contact from my cellphone to the contact List in garmin connect, then removed the leading "00" by replying this with a "+" for International call, added this to emergency contact and it was working for me, mybe the german Version of GC is Differential, I'm actually using 4.15 on Android.
  • As far as adding contacts go, I only had the option to transfer my phone contacts to Connect one at a time (which is good for me as I only want to have a selected few on Connect anyway) However, this missing digit thing has been annoying and frustrating me for a while, it just seems like yet another small but irritating Garmin glitch. The good news is that, having read this thread, I've sorted the problem. As suggested I edited the number to add the + symbol before the UK 44 code. As soon as I typed the plus symbol the spacing changed accordingly and I was able to add the emergency contact. Possibly the most irritating thing is that the error message is indicating a missing digit, when it's actually a symbol that causes the problem. How hard could it be to mention the need for the plus symbol in the text of the error message?