TCX to FIT file converter

I have an edge 705. I need a way to convert TCX to a fit file so I won't lose my power data when going from TCX to GPX.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gary
  • GPX doesn't support Power data.

Actually it does; Garmin has a power extension for the GPX format. It is not used by BaseCamp or Connect so the support is merely theoretical, but it might be used in the future.

Has anyone tried this?
    http://tcx-converter . software . informer . com/
    Wondering if it's a legit piece of software.

I don't know the program, but I strongly advise to stay away from *** informer dot com. It scrapes stuff from other sites without asking for permission and possibly "enriching" it with adware...
    It's better to download it from the site of the rightful owner (Google will find it for you).
  • ok - for semantics then I'll rephrase my answer.... GPX doesn't currently support power data.
  • Hi Mike,

Can you convert one more file for me?

http://ppl.ug/wsHfqZF_Kss/

2/15: Never mind, I figured a way to do this. Yipee!

JAVAWA: Thanks, I didn't know gpx had an extension.

Gary

hi Gary,

No, I'm not the author of FFRT, Mathias Krallmann is and he is VERY active with ongoing development of the tool.

And re: the bulk conversion, it's not a lot of work as FFRT has a bulk conversion capability built into it. It's what allowed me to convert 5 years of Polar .hrm files to .fit files in a short space of time and was the main reason I bought it in the first place :)

The offer remains open should you decide you to take it up :)

cheers
    Mike
  • Convert TCX to fit file

hi Gary,

No, I'm not the author of FFRT, Mathias Krallmann is and he is VERY active with ongoing development of the tool.

And re: the bulk conversion, it's not a lot of work as FFRT has a bulk conversion capability built into it. It's what allowed me to convert 5 years of Polar .hrm files to .fit files in a short space of time and was the main reason I bought it in the first place :)

The offer remains open should you decide you to take it up :)

cheers
    Mike

Hi Mike,

Please could you convert a tcx file to a fit file and send it back to me? I've tried to attach it but its too large (9MB). Thanks very much in advance.

Dave
  • contact info

My email address is [email][email protected][/email]

Cheers
  • convert tcx to fit

Not sure how old this is,

I am attaching a txc file. I exported the TCX, and edited it to change date.

Thanks
  • Hi

I have a couple of ride files from my Edge 705 which Strava says has corrupted time data, trouble is it exports  tcx and they  want  fit to convert/correct, the drop down  option on Garmin Connect has no FIT option and an hour online with Garmin was no solution Will this convert or is there an online  utility as I only have a couple of files