TCX to FIT file converter

I have an edge 705. I need a way to convert TCX to a fit file so I won't lose my power data when going from TCX to GPX.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gary
  • Fit File Repair Tool.

or attach the file in a reply and I will convert it for you.

cheers
    Mike
  • Can I download this and test it out to see if it will work?
    Are there any free solutions out there? It seems that I would have to pay $49 for a license.
    Thanks,
    Gary
  • hi Gary,

It can be downloaded and trialled but I am not sure what the trial limitations are.
    Not sure about free solutions.

cheers
    Mike
  • Mike,
    Do you know if the GPX file format supports the recording of power data? I assume not, but would like to be enlightened if I am wrong.
    Thanks,
    Gary
  • hi Gary,

The home page for FFRT contains a table of what format supports what data.

but in answer to your question - GPX doesn't support Power data.

cheers
    Mike
  • Fit File Repair Tool.

or attach the file in a reply and I will convert it for you.

cheers
    Mike

Mike, can you convert this for me? For kicks, I want to see if this will resolve my power data not showing up issue.
    If so, then I will either keep looking for a free converter or just buy it but I really don't want to let go of $50!

I can't seem to attach the tcx file (keeps saying upload failed). I put it up here:

http://ppl.ug/O0RAjvD0Xf8/

Thanks,
    Gary
  • Has anyone tried this?

http://tcx-converter.software.informer.com/

Wondering if it's a legit piece of software.

Gary
  • Mike, can you convert this for me? For kicks, I want to see if this will resolve my power data not showing up issue.
    If so, then I will either keep looking for a free converter or just buy it but I really don't want to let go of $50!

I can't seem to attach the tcx file (keeps saying upload failed). I put it up here:

http://ppl.ug/O0RAjvD0Xf8/

Thanks,
    Gary

hi Gary,

Give this file a try. Note that you have a bit of a large drop out in recorded power data values around the 2hr15min mark as can be seen in this pic.

Also, if you have a large number of these .tcx files that you need converted, then upload them to the site you used and I will do a bulk conversion for you.

*EDIT* now that I have had a closer look at your data I see that you were descending! Disregard the power dropout comment.

cheers
    Mike
  • hi Gary,

Give this file a try. Note that you have a bit of a large drop out in recorded power data values around the 2hr15min mark as can be seen in this pic.

Also, if you have a large number of these .tcx files that you need converted, then upload them to the site you used and I will do a bulk conversion for you.

*EDIT* now that I have had a closer look at your data I see that you were descending! Disregard the power dropout comment.

cheers
    Mike

Mike,

You are correct, the dropout was due to my descent.

The fit file you uploaded worked for me and I do see power.

Thanks for the offer to do bulk conversion. I only need the fit files if I use overlays so I don't want you to do all this work for a few files I need.

Are you the author of the fit repair tool?

Thanks,
    Gary
  • hi Gary,

No, I'm not the author of FFRT, Mathias Krallmann is and he is VERY active with ongoing development of the tool.

And re: the bulk conversion, it's not a lot of work as FFRT has a bulk conversion capability built into it. It's what allowed me to convert 5 years of Polar .hrm files to .fit files in a short space of time and was the main reason I bought it in the first place :)

The offer remains open should you decide you to take it up :)

cheers
    Mike