Sorting Clips in the Gallery

Why in the world is the sorting in VIRB Edit so absolutely horrid?  The ability to sort your clips in the Media Library seems like such a basic feature.  Yet it's missing from a software product which is several years old.  Grouping by Day or Month is only marginally helpful.  If I have more than 3 or 4 clips (more like 20 in my case) recorded on a given date they are totally mixed up and it makes it extremely hard to put together a single video which includes segments from all the clips in a time based order.

Garmin should be ashamed for letting such a simple feature, which can be so easily added, go without attention for so long.  It speaks to two things: (1) a lack of user experience concern in the design of the software; and (2) a lack of concern for customer support to not add something so basic over the lifetime of this product.

Consider this a customer request for you to improve the sorting ability of the Media Library.

• Me and others did several suggestions to improve that, years ago.
    But nothing happened!

If you take a look when the latest Edit-update , and when the last action camera was released, you might get an idea if Virb Edit or cameras are still on a roadmap for Garmin.
    I guess both of it is dead Disappointed

• Rather disappointing.  VIRB Edit appears to be the app Garmin delivers for all their various VIRB cameras.  Either none of those cameras is selling well enough for there to be ROI for improving Edit, or their just plain lazy.  Frankly, the fact that I can't readily sort by name, or date / time in the Medial Library makes the post processing very time consuming when there are lots of clips (particularly if more than a dozen in one day).  Oddly, you can sort the Media Gallery (videos you've created) by Name.  But typically I have far fewer videos in the Media Gallery because they generally combine most or all of the clips from a particular day.  Seems like the sort feature priority was backwards.

Frankly, this is the one reason I would NOT recommend this camera to others.  I need to do some research on other 360 cameras and their editing software to see if there is a better option.  Might go so far as to put my VIRB 360 on e-Bay and switch to something else.

• Having several clips in the gallery also cuts the important part of the filename. So even if you know what to search, you won´t find it without rightclicking on each file and looking into the properties (with finally the full name).

Garmin has by far the cameras with the most and greatest features, ever! I love them. But the developers seem to be limited by the bosses roadmap.

And the devices were ment to be the direct competitor to GoPro. At the price, in first place! But no one ever had garmin in mind, talking about action cams. So it was more than optimistic to call that prices. Or expect just to blow them away.
    They should have been more clear where their strengh were. Ant+, OBD II, GPS, Gyroscope, Overlays and Gauges. Everything controlled by all watches or bike computers.
    Even until today, no manufacturer reached this amount of cool stuff!

None of my friends or 99.8% I´ve met on racetracks, ever heard about the capabilities of Garmin cameras. And that´s why they did not succeed.
    People buy a GoPro or a cheap china clone. Because it makes nearly no difference. Features are all the same, quality may differ, but most people not even use 4k.

I´m sure, with the right strategy, Garmin would have had it´s great pice of cake on the marked.
    But now it seems to me, that they graved that amazing product line.