Edit Gauges / Overlays as a separate Layer

If someone else already knows how to do this please let me know but how wonderful it would be if we could edit the overlays as separate layers (as in other video editing software) so that they can be turned on or off or even moved to a different area of the frame in a different clip.  For instance, I like to use track overlay in my videos but don't want it to have to always be in the top right-hand corner of the frame for the entire video (all clips).  For some clips, I may want it in the top left corner so that it isn't hiding features of interest in the video.  Please continue to put resources into developing this application Garmin and don't pull out of this market, you could have a real good thing going here.  

Also, it would be another handy feature to be able to merge clips together (the opposite of splitting).

• You can export the overlay as a PNG file sequence.  Then you can import that into your other software and do whatever you like with it.  If you want to work with individual gauges and move them around, simply set up your video in VIRB Edit with just the single gauge, export the PNG sequence, and then repeat for each gauge you want.

It's a bit tedious, but it'll get you what you want.

• Thanks, I do know how to take this back-door route to get the result I want but yes it is tedious.  It would be great if it was a built-in feature of the Virb Edit software to eliminate the extra work (especially when working with very large video files)

• I just got my Ultra 30 last weekend so I'm a bit gutted to find out they're not really supporting this anymore.  With that in mind...  it sounds like new features won't be forthcoming but what we've got is still hugely useful.

I made my first video last night using exported overlays and am really excited about the result.  Slight smile

• Can't.  :)  I made it for a friend and it's up to him to share it.  But I'll share the next one I make!  

I made it using video from my front and rear dashcams along with the Ultra 30 stuck to the inside of my rear windshield and pointing forward to see the steering wheel and gear shift as well as out the front windshield.

I got them all synced up so I could switch the view throughout the video and then put the overlay on top.

The video is of me following him around a race track, and having him follow me a few times.  

I even managed to make a (pretty rough, admittedly) transition that sort of appears to launch you through the windshield by starting with the VIRB, zooming in on the car in front and then switching to the front dashcam to appear to be out of the car.  

I mean...  it's not Hollywood...  but it amuses me.