Pitch and Roll data from CSV file

Former Member
Former Member

I've got an orginal Virb Elite and I want to use pitch and roll data to add lean angle on motorcycle video. 

However  the original Virb had problems with calculating pitch and roll so Garmin disabled it years ago.

So I want to use an app on my cellphone that records pitch and roll data and saves it to a CSV file. 

Is there an easy way to get this in to Virb Edit? I've downloaded the SDK but that's beyond my skills. Unless someone has a CSV file with pitch and roll data I can copy the format from and nust use the fit file converter tool in the SDK.

• Hi Dave,

I think this would be the only way to enhance the data to the GPX or FIT File.

You wouldn´t get around using the SDK and write a custom application.

From my tests in the past, the SDK does not give you all the information from the fit-file. I wanted to figure out if its my motorcycle-OBD adapter or Virb Edit, which causes RPM drops. But I don´t be able to extract this part completely. So adding new data to an existing file is maybe not that easy.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to HerrRiebmann

Thanks fro the heads up

I just opened a GPX file in notepad from the camera before Virb edit imported it. And strangely enough all the data is there. Virb Edit must just be programmed to ignore it base on the device type listed in the GPX file.

So maybe all hope isn't lost..