Picture or Map transparent Overlay?

Hello All,

I try to use VirbEdit for all my clips, and I especially like to use the path or GPS overlay.

What I would like to do or know, is, if there is a way to take a picture or more wanting the actual Google Map image and overlay it with the GPS or Overlay path? So basically, you know how you choose map when editing? And then while the clip is playing, it shows your path and movement in the Google Map next to the clip, I'd like to find a way to either get a screen capture of that map image and run it with the path or GPS overlay within the video creation process.

Any help or ideas or video edit experts are all welcomed :) Thanks guys!
  • I figured out how to do this using ArcGIS relatively painlessly, but it would be a lot easier if Garmin would allow for this functionality

I don't use the camera for action shots like it's marketed for but rather for documenting while simultaneously collecting the 'where' information (geographic file).  Here is a link to a video where I use an aerial imagery file (not Google imagery) as a background for the track gauge.  I also change the location of the gauge in the frame at 23:00.

• could you please share how you did it with ArcGIS?  i spent 2 hours and could not figure it out Disappointed

Thank you

• I´ve seen videos, where somebody just took a Google Maps Screenshot and overlaied the map in Edit.

You have to play around with the Zoomfactor and rotation until it fits, but it also should work.

• Hey there!

Absolutely, you can achieve a transparent overlay with a picture or map in your videos using VirbEdit. One way to do this is by taking a screenshot of the Google Map image while editing and then importing it as an overlay. Once you have the image, you can position and adjust its transparency to seamlessly blend with your video. If you're looking for more advanced options, consider checking out video editing experts or forums for tips specific to VirbEdit. On a related note, for those who enjoy creative overlays, exploring the features of the PicsArt old version app might also provide additional tools and effects to enhance your video editing experience.

Happy editing!