This video contains a corrupted clip and cannot be played or exported.........

I constantly get this message when importing from VIRB Ultra30. Asking me to "trim away the corrupt portion of the clip or remove it completely."
The clips play fine with Adobe Premiere Elements 15 or Quick Time. Pretty straight forward procedure, Ok Garmin, start recording..........Ok Garmin stop recording. I have no idea what is corrupt about the clip.
Virb Edit 5.1.0

Is this a common problem with a simple solution? Thanks, LW

6/30/2017: Virb edit will not open and play any mp4 file on my computer, always the same corrupt clip error. However on my wife's windows 7 machine VE plays clips from my Ultra 30 and other mp4 clips just fine. My machine is as such:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16308MB RAM
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 580
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Guess I'll see if the guys in the shop know the answer if we don't discover it here............thanks, LW
  • Wow! Really disappointing that this post hasn't been answered for over 4 years! Doesn't fill me with hope, I just encountered the same problem running VIRB Edit 5.4.3 so I'm completely stuck and it seems my expensive VIRB 360 is now only good for landfill.

• I don't have a answer.

I am using multi-cam editing on clips created from two VIRB Elites.

I can run both clips through VIRB Edit without issue by themselves. 

When I attempt to use Multi-Cam Edit I get the "This video contains a corrupted clip and cannot be played or exported. Please trim away the corrupt portion of the clip or remove it completely."

As I said both clips can be processed through VIRB Edit successfully by themselves, but not with Multi-Cam Editing.

I have successfully used VIRB Edit with Multi-Cam editing from both cameras many, many times in the past.

• Found the ERROR of MY ways.

I had deleted a number of files in the VIRB subfolder in the VIDEOS folder. 

I will postulate the VIRB Edit was 'losing itself' with the remnants of all those files that it couldn't find.  Once I cleaned the remnants out of VIRB Edit I could then access the files in Multi-Cam form without the 'corruption' error being displayed and could generate a exportable file.