can I rotate the file 90' AFTER recording it?

I did not set the image position correctly on the camera before recording, and as a result, my footage is upside down. Is there any way to rotate the image in VIRB Edit?

thx
  • I did not set the image position correctly on the camera before recording, and as a result, my footage is upside down. Is there any way to rotate the image in VIRB Edit?

thx

Use iMovie I think it is not possibly with Virb Edit.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 10 years ago
    Yes, I've seen no option for doing that in VIRB Edit.
    Be aware that when you rotate it 90 degrees, the movie will be 1080 wide and 1920 high instead of 1920x1080.
    (if you're using 1920x1080)
    I don't know how VIRB Edit will handle that, it might work, maybe it will make it crash.
    For windows I use "Free Flip And Rotate" http://download.cnet.com/Free-Video-Flip-and-Rotate/3000-13631_4-10763530.html
  • Former Member
    Just tried it in windows.. a 1920x1080 movie, rotated it 90 degrees with Free Flip And Rotate.
    Converted it from .AVI back to .MP4 with Any Video Converter.
    Opened VIRB Edit 2.2.5 (still Windows) and tried to import the file.
    VIRB Edit imports the file, you can click op OK, but no clip is shown.
    So just like some other resolutions 1080x1920 is not in it's capacities.
    Maybe, maybe with some other converters it works, but for now I doubt it.
    What might work is changing it to something like 3413x1920, with black bars left and right of the video.
    Not sure if I can try that.
  • Former Member
    (Still all in windows as I don't own a mac)
    Rotated a movie 1920x1080 90 degrees in PowerDirectorPro 11.0 and exported it as 1920x1080 with right and left a black bar.
    VIRB Edit I can't select more that 1080p so going bigger has no use, besides there is no such thing as 3413x1920 in PDP 11.0.
    The converted video was imported in VIRB Edit, just like all other 1920x1080 video's.
    Exporting was as expected no problem.
    Be aware that on NON-VIRB video's the clip-audio is lost and has te be re-attached as music.
    http://youtu.be/DaPtRIPV188
  • You may also refer to this way to rotate video 90 degrees without reencoding

This way can easily helps to rotate video of AVCHD, MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, 3GP, MXF, MPG, VOB, FLV, etc.

It can rotate video 90 degrees, 180 degrees, 270 degrees etc.
  • I did not set the image position correctly on the camera before recording, and as a result, my footage is upside down. Is there any way to rotate the image in VIRB Edit?

thx

I know a step by step guide on how to rotate video 90 degree, 180 degree, 270 degree.

It also applies to rotate MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, MKV, FLV, ASF, MTS, SWF, WebM, OGV, 3GP, etc.

Besides rotating videos, it also has many other powerful features such as merge, split, add subtitles, adjust volume, remove audio from video and so on.

It is compatile with both Mac andWindows.
  • Of course you can rotate video 90 degrees. One simple step you need to do is uploading your profile to CP and use free video converters. Then you can get the target video with 0-quality-loss.
  • Of course you can rotate video 90 degrees. One simple step you need to do is uploading your profile to CP and use free video converters. Then you can get the target video with 0-quality-loss.

I've had good luck with http://www.convertmxffiles.com
    It lets you select preset options for editing video formats
  • Today I imported a vertical video into Virb. Surprisingly, Virb turned the video 90 degrees to horizontal for some strange reasons and I could not turn it back because the only option I had was to turn it 180 degrees. When I played the video elsewhere, the video played vertically.

This means Virb can really turn video 90 degrees, but the functionality is not accessible to users.

• O meu Virb esta fazendo a mesma coisa. Ela vira automaticamente o video 90 graus. e não consigo mudar isso de forma alguma