Multiple camera edition

Hi all,

I have two virb Ultra 30 (one for rear view, one for front view). One is master, second is slave, so camera are started (and stoped) both at the same time (using vivosmart remote controle function).

So for a 60 mn flight, i get two set of 3 video files.  I import these 6 files in Virb Edit.

When i want to create video file, sometime virb Edit detect automatically two videos in the same time, sometime not.

When Virb Edit detecte two video file at the same time, i really have this situation (extract of Virb Edit support) :

""The multi-camera feature in VIRB Edit allows for easily alternating between clips recorded by two VIRB cameras at the same time. If there are multiple clips recorded at the same time, when adding the clips you will be prompted to enable multi-cam editing. Once this has been enabled, the option to toggle between clips can be found by clicking on the Editing tab on the left-hand side.""

Why Virb Edit sometime don't detect multile camera ?

How Virb Edit detect tmultiple camera ? File name ? G-Metrix file ?

Does it exist a function in the menu to enforce the multiple camera ? (don't find it)

When multiple camera is automatically detected, i see a unique disposition : PIP (Picture in Picture) . I can only replace PIP without resizing it. Is it possible to resize the PIP?

I hope a lot that Garmin will stay alive (and developp) Virb line of business (Camera, software, ....).

Thanks for your respons.

• Did you ever figure this out? Are you using the most recent version 5.4.3?

• Hi,

Yes i have the last (07/12/2018 !!!) version 5.4.3.

This software is erratic for this feature. When it detects multiple camerae dition, it splits the video into multiple part, and don't respect the timeine chronology. It's very strange.

Am i the only one with this issue ?

Thanks

• v5.4.3 has been reported to contain some bugs although I haven't seen anyone until now mention the multi-camera as an issue. Perhaps consider v5.4.2 or earlier.

Part of the trouble typically in trying to diagnose these issues is important details are left out - such as software version, operating system - in this case are you using High Sierra, Mojave or Catalina? What firmware on your camera do you have installed? I can only suggest if you do more testing that the more detail you provide the better chance you'll have of finding a solution.

• Hi TekRider and many thanks,

I just see i posted in the wrong section : i used VirbEdit on Windows 10. Sorry.

VirbEdit and camera software are all uptodate with the last version of firmware/software

I didn't made new video (winter isn't the best weather for flight).

Next time i will make a snapshoot of the strange think i obtains.

Please, keep connect.

Thanks

• Hello, i'm back

I already encouter the same issue with Virb Edit (Windows version) with multiple cameras.

I have two cameras started using Virb Camera widget on Garmin swatch. So cameras are started and stopped at the same time.

Each camera provides 3 video clips, i have 6 video clips, imported in Wirb Edit.

The attached screen-shoot shows that Virb Edit don't detect multiple cameras.

Does someone has an idea ?

Thanks in advance.