VIRB Edit Javascript Error

I get the following error in the right side of panel when attempting to manually do a g-Metrix sync, and again if I try to use the Map tab.

"This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details."

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/WO6fpPU

Additionally, my actual video is ~5 minutes long, but the right panel is showing 40 minutes. This is the first run on a freshly formatted memory card. This is with the latest version of the software as of this post, v5.4.2.

Any insight would be great. I got this camera (Virb Ultra 30) specifically for the G-Metrix and every video I make has them badly and unusably out of sync.
  • I am having the same issue... "This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.". So I cannot do a g-Metrix sync.
  • I'm getting the same issue. This appears to be an google API key issue on the Garmin side. They will need to fix their product and push an update. Garmin?
  • I got this error. I thought it was an update issue so I downloaded the latest version. And the javascript error still pops up at the syncing map page. Looks like EVERYONE will be facing this problem and should be screaming on this forum thread :rolleyes::eek::p
  • I think it could be solved if we switch to Bling maps... but the window closes so fast, you cant switch it in time. Need to find a way to manually change to Bling maps befpre the file is opened. config.sys file or something.
  • Maybe we can edit this string from the virbedit.exe.config file to Bling or something

<setting name="PreferredMap" serializeAs="String">
    <value>eGoogle</value>
  • I am having the same issue... "This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details." :(
  • I'm having the same issue... I've been making weekly videos for the Rocket City Marathon with video and a map...and here we are at week 10 and IT'S NOT WORKING ANYMORE!!! ???????????? This is the ONLY reason I got the camera.
  • Same issue here. I'd try to update to the newest version of the software (I'm on 5.1.4) but the last time I did that to get around an error, the new version was incompatible with my video hardware and I was unable to edit at all. I'd rather not have a similar issue this time around.
  • I have to agree with the original poster - the telemetry is always horrifically out of sync with the video. The worst of it is - it doesn't even STAY in sync once you get it there. If I shoot a 2-hour video (there's no way for me to start and stop the camera while I'm flying the glider) and sync the beginning of the video with the launch, the end of the video is off by many seconds, rendering much of the data useless. Resyncing the video clip-by-clip would be a ludicrous endeavour, even if it were possible. Without a moment to sync to, where the glider goes from stationary to moving, it's impossible to find the sync point.

Worse, a two-hour video is frequently broken up into a pair of 54-minute clips, followed by a 16-minute clip. I have sync points in the first and third clip (launch and landing) but nothing in the center one. Syncing the first clip should sync all three.

If the two data streams (video and telemetry) are falling out of sync at a consistent rate (as opposed to falling out due to dropped packets or similar bursty issues) Garmin could allow you to set two sync points and they could interpolate the data rates to keep them in sync. If it is a dropped data issue, they should release a firmware fix. (Dropped frames could be replaced by an interpolating shim.
  • It looks like it's going to take some engineering time before Garmin can release a fix. They've not updated to a private Maps API key since the 2016 announcement that anonymous use would be ended. This was a bit of an ugly move, on Google's part, to deactivate the functionality on a weekend, but Garmin did have 2 years to figure this out. https://churchthemes.com/page-didnt-load-google-maps-correctly/