How do I move RawMovies folder?

It appears that VIRB Edit creates a 720P version of the raw footage as it is imported and stores it in a hidden cache folder called RawMovies. On my system it has grown to over 50GB and I'm running out of room. I would like to move it to the same external disc that stores all my other raw video but I don't see that supported by VIRB Edit. Is there a way to do that simply? I believe it can be done via a series of Linux terminal commands to create a symbolic link. But that seems like a really hard way to address this. I'm sure I'm not the only one with limited free space on the Mac's main disc who wants to move these somewhere else. What is the best way to address this?
  • I don't see a straightforward way to move these either. While not ideal, I'm wondering if you could just delete them after you finish editing a particular file? You are supposed to be able to generate these low res versions after you have stitched/imported the clips. Of course, I'd test this on some files you don't care about...

I'm also running out of disk space and have started looking to purchase an external drive. I'm interested in learning more about workflows with external drives.
  • It's been two months since I asked this question and still no response from Garmin.