Garmin Virb EDIT

A while ago I noticed that the Windows version of Garmin Virb Edit can stitch video files in 5K7.
As far as I know the Mac version is still on V5.2.1 (Windows is V5.3) and has a max of 4K stitching.
Is it possible to tell us when we can expect a Mac version which can render 5K7 stitched files?

Thank you!
  • So curious when the 5K7 Virb Edit will be released for Mac.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/09/stitching-hyperframe-director.html

It has been quite some time sinds High Sierra has been released.
    I'm quoting: 'Garmin says that as soon as Apple publicly ships that, they’ll probably need a couple of weeks to validate everything and then will release a Mac VIRB Edit update with 5.7K export capabilities. Still, you can certainly capture RAW stuff today in preparation for that.'

Please let us know!

Thank you!

• I've also come to the forums looking for any updates regarding outputting 5.7K video via Virb Edit on a mac running High Sierra.
  • I wish the development team of Garmin would bring some answers. This forum has been very quiet and it worries me.
    Last year I saw a beta version on a website showing the ability to stitch 5K7 footage.
    I got a reply on that website that Garmin would bring an update in 2018, probably January.
    High Sierra has been around for quite a while now.

I will keep my hopes up and wait.

Until then a couple of suggestions:

- Please make this forum more interactive. Moderate, talk, interact, let us help you improve your products Garmin.
    - Please add import of footage from a harddrive folder, so I can stitch footage from there. As far as I know that's not possible now.
    - Please add 5K7 stitching to the Mac version of Virb Edit

I am still planning to use my Garmin Virb for my travels. Stitching the footage to 5K7 in Virb Edit, and then edit in Final Cut Pro X and publish to Youtube is my workflow.