Converting a route to a boundary

I'm trying to convert a route to a boundary but my Echomap 93SV keeps telling me that the conversion failed because a boundary cannot have any intersections.   The route I'm using has all unique points and no intersections so I'm not sure what the issue is.   Looking for suggestions.   Other option is to create the boundary in a GPX file and import it directly,   If that's possible and someone can provide a sample that would help significantly.

• I imported a track as gpx file then tried to covert to boundary but had same error message. Then converted track to route but same message when tried to convert. Then deleted nearby route points to ensure no “intersections” but still no go. Would like to see a solution?

• I've had limited success getting this to work.   

I have a set of coordinates for five towns that border a lake and am trying to set up boundaries using those coordinates. 

After my initial failure I created a very simple two point route using homeport and was able to successfully make that into a boundary. I then  created routes using my points that mimicked the format so they look just like a route created in homeport.   That still didn't work.

Next, I went and created routes using 2, 3, 4, 5, ,6, 7 etc points to see if any of them would work.  I found that the routes with 2 through 6 points worked but the addition of point 7 caused it to fail.   Unfortunately the Echomap is installed in the console of the boat which is docked about 10 minutes away so every time I want to try something new I need to drive down and give it a shot.   I haven't had the time to dedicate an afternoon to sorting out the details of what is so special about point #7.  

I've included the GPX file I was using below that has the 6 point and 7 point routes if you want to give it a try.   I would be curious to see if you have the same results. 

SVFD Lakeside multiple sherman border 3 digit.zip

• I've included the GPX file I was using below

Please zip the file and attach it to your post. Thanks.

• Anyone came with a solution on this?
    Trying it on the Echomap plus 42cv too and same error.