I want to display waypoints as symbols only without name labels on my Montana 600

Former Member
Former Member
I want to set my waypoints to display just the symbol with no name on my Montana but I am struggling to do this. I use a red circle to mark the location of rocks, and if I select the red circle in navaids on HP and set it to display as symbol only, it works fine on my Montana, displaying as symbol only. But if I select the red circle from markers and set symbol only, the name label displays on my Montana. I want to use the anchor symbol without the name, but even if I set it on HP to symbol only the name appears on my Montana.

I can't find a way to make the choice between displaying with name or without on the Montana itself, only in HP, which doesn't always correspond to what displays on my Montana.

I also find it frustrating that the waypoint symbols in homeport, such as the hunting-pawprint selected on homeport, for example, displays as dashed lines on my Montana screen. Why are they different?

If I made my own custom symbols would I be able to display them without the waypoint name on my Montana?

I would be grateful for any advice, please