This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Whole day's data missing form Garmin Express

I have a Vivoactive 3. Just six days short of a 365 day streak on my steps, there's been a glitch with syncing data to Garmin Connect. No data at all is showing for 7 January. All other days, including 8 January, have synced normally, but 7 January is showing no steps, no calories, no heart rate data - nothing.

I've searched the forums and have tried some of the recommended steps - including removing my watch from Garmin Express on both my phone app and my computer, signing completely out of the account, then re-registering my watch the the account. 

I've looked at the FIT files. All the Activity FIT files are synced fine (I didn't do an "activity" on 7 January). Without having any expertise on the issue, the only thing I can see that looks odd is the DEVICE-FIT file. If I try to upload that manually the message I get says "One of your files was not accepted by the system. Please contact Support for assistance." I've seen numerous messages on here suggesting that Garmin's not good at getting back to people. My guess is that the file has somehow got corrupted (assuming it's the DEVICE.FIT file that's the problem).

Does anyone on here have any idea whether this can be resolved - or do I just have to resign myself to losing my streak a few days short of the year I was aiming for? (And yes - I do know it's not good to get too obsessed with streaks ;-))

Many thanks in advance

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

hi 

sorry to hear about your mishap

device.fit can not be uploaded to Garmin Connect Web ! also does not contain data you are missing

• the files you need are in separate folders METRICS, MONITOR and SLEEP
    • you can upload the content of these folders to Garmin connect Web
    • check the folders for files from the missing day

possible workaround : set your phone to the date of the missing data (search forum for the real post how to do it)

• when done set your desired goal and sync with watch, you could try a '0' goal ?

success with the streak repair

happy & safe sporting

• Thanks very much for your reply. The metrics folder doesn't contain anything that I can see. I've tried manually uploading the fit files in MONITOR and SLEEP (there's just one in each) but 7 January is still showing blank. I've spotted that there's an error log in the DEBUG folder. To my unexpert eye, that seems to refer to something having happened late in the afternoon of 7 January, which is the missing day.

I'm not keen to tamper with the date on my phone if I can avoid it, but thanks for the suggestion if all else fails.

Thanks again

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to Kingsdowner

no files is no data Disappointed

only route left to go is call Garmin Support and ask for a streak repair

happy & safe sporting

• Thanks very much. That's odd. The metrics file contains no data at all- it's not just missing data for 7 January. It's completely empy - but my data for yesterday (8 January) synced totally normally.

I'll contact Garmin Support as you suggest.

Many thanks again for your help.