This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I create playlist?

I own Forerrunner 645 music. Creating a playlist is a pain in the (you-know-what)....in fact, I haven't figured out it yet. I tried googling but no luck.

whenever I use 'Garmin Express -> Music', the "loading" part is so painful. I don't own any premium services and my music library is pretty huge.

there is no search feature. I have to add each and every songs individually. Since there is no play-list, I am stuck with one default playlist forever.

I bought the Music edition because I don't want to carry my phone. I still have to carry my phone for music till these days.

Please help!

Edited (1/19/2121): Thank you so much for pouring supports from the Garmin community. Thanks to the advises, I figured out how to create a playlist for my Forerunner 645 Music :)

• I use iTunes to make playlists and move them over to the watch using Garmin Express on PC. That has worked fine for me.

I do remember it taking 15 min or so the first time I did 'Garmin Express -> Music' to find the right music directory, but that was almost 2 years ago, and it could have taken longer! After you have the directory setup done, it still takes a minute or two to find the playlists after each time you go to 'Garmin Express -> Music', but it only takes a few seconds to move a few files once you select the playlists.

Another possibility is to make a text file in something like Notepad that lists the music filenames and move that and your songs over by a file manager.

• thanks you. I tried iTunes method (windows' Groove) a while ago but hadn't worked for me but I'll give it another go. I've been using filemanager to transfer music files grouped by folders but my watch doesn't see different folders as playlists so everything shows up under default playlist. 

• I have not used Groove before, so I can't help there.

If you are moving over files separately, you do have to make a playlist file with the tracks in it and move that over to the watch as well to have playlists show up on the watch.

You can use notepad and create a text file saved something like 'Songs.m3u8' in notepad, and just list the files like this ... 

directory/song1.mp3

directory/song2.mp3

directory/song3.mp3

Then put the playlist file in the media directory on the watch. I did this back when the music feature was new and Garmin Express did not have all of the kinks worked out yet, but that was almost 2 years ago.

• arrr that's a neat trick. I'll definitely give it a try. thank you.

• Search for this on the Express website - you need to open iTunes and select allow iTunes to share XML library: 

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=iBiZBj3Cer5py2x29trVN8

Nothing wrong with Garmin...

• It's work! I made a simple *.m3u8 file and saved it in the directory with the needed songs.
    Now I can play it from Playlist in my Fenix 5.
    The pls structure like this:
    song1.mp3
    song2.mp3
    song3.mp3

Firstly I try the full path (Music/test/02.mp3)
    But really enough only names of the files and to save the list in this folder.

• Great, thanks. It does work. 
    I created on my laptop with Winamp the playlist (yes lol, I still use it). Then in notepad I removed the path very easily, in case that would stop the playlist to work on the garmin - different path. 

And then copied the playlist file on the garmin in each folder and it works.