Spinning beach ball is back...

After almost 1 year of smooth sailing, I am once again experiencing major slowdowns in BaseCamp Mac about half of the time. Some sessions are fine, but the next might see the beach ball spinning for a few seconds every time I click on anything, zoom a map in or out, try renaming anything, etc. (Of course, today it seems fine...) I thought we had left this behind! 

https://forums.garmin.com/apps-software/mac-windows-software/f/basecamp-mac/236225/runs-extremely-slow-in-big-sur

I know about the 3D map view hack, but I hate that view and don't see that as a real fix.

Anyone else seeing this rear its ugly head again? Even just on occasion? Thoughts?

2019 iMac, running MacOS Big Sur v11.6.1

BaseCamp v4.8.11

• I run Basecamp 2d mode in Low Resolution Mode on my 27” Imac on Big Sur and it runs GREAT.  I finally gave up running in Full Res Mode.  It works and all other apps run in Full Res

• Is this low resolution mode setting in the Mac's system preferences or in BaseCamp's preferences? Where, exactly, is this setting chosen?

• Close Basecamp andRight-Click the Basecamp App in the Applications folder on Mac OS Big Sur and choose Get Info.  Check the “Open in Low Res”.  I am on my IPad so i think that is close to the wording.   Then restart Basecamp.  Unfortunately this setting is now missing in Monterey apparently.  

• Thanks! Those are the exact steps on iMac Big Sur, also. A slightly fuzzier look, but acceptable. Like I need a new glasses prescription. I'll see if it pops up as a problem again and know that I have one more tool to use. Thanks again!

• For those following this thread, the solution for using GET INFO and using the Open In Low Res does not work on Monterey as Apple in its ultimate wisdom and removed this handy option from the menu.  Someone on the Adobe Forum posted a solution to create an Automator APP to do this so I converted it to open the Garmin Basecamp App in low res.  You use automator and use the Run Shell Script option and insert the following code.  I saved mine as BasecampLR.APP. and it works fine.  I would have posted a screen clip of the Automator screen to do this but Garmin removed the image UPLOAD button in INSERT.

open  /Applications/Garmin\ Basecamp.app --args -AppleMagnifiedMode YES