Data Field: All In One

The data field All In One integrates the logic of several of my data fields into 1 data field and gets the absolute maximum out of the available watch memory.

Download: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/6dec42e9-7fee-402b-95a4-a111e83d45e3

The functionalities which are available depend on the memory that is available on your watch for data fields. Because of memory limitations I also had to make some concessions towards configurability in favor of integrating more logic.

Connect IQ 1 devices (FR230, FR235, FR630, Vivoactive, Fenix3 (hr), D2Bravo (titanium), tactix Bravo, Quatix 3)

• 5 customizable fields with 20 possible field options
  • ability to set up your preferences for 3 activity profiles (run / bike / other), so that you only need to store 1 connect iq field on your watch, yet are able to configure your profiles differently
  • Integration of Data Field: Fat Burner (fixed value per zone, no configurable zone values)
  • Integration of Data Field: Let There Be Light! (only enough memory to provide the choice between always on or always off)

Connect IQ 2 devices (Fr735xt, Fenix 5, Fenix 5s, Fenix Chronos, Fr935, FR645, Vivoactive 3, Vivoactive Hr, Approach S60) :

• 5 customizable fields with 25 possible field options
  • abiltity to set up your preferences for 3 activity profiles (run / bike / other), so that you only need to store 1 connect iq field on your watch, yet are able to configure your profiles differently
  • abitlity to record metrics to fit file (defaults to off. When on the following metrics are recorded in the activity summary: fat burned, carbs burned, activity steps)
  • allow to change settings while field active
  • Integration of Data Field: Fat Burner (always interpolation method, no configurable zone values)
  • Integration of Data Field: Eat! Drink! Reminder! (up to 3 configurable alarms)
  • Integration of Data Field: Back To Start
  • Integration of Data Field: Elevation Grade (grade in percent, elevation grade not available on non barometric devices)
  • Integration of Data Field: Let There Be Light! (not enough memory to calculate sunset/sunrise, but instead you can opt to turn on the light before/after a certain reference hour)
  • Integration of Data Field: Steps Carousel (carousel of activity steps / goal completed percentage)

Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory (Fenix5x, D2Charlie, Descent Mk1):

• All features of Connect IQ 2 devices specified above
  • Configurable Fat Burner
  • Extra graph for fat burned / carbs burned over the course of the activity (in addition to the value in the summary) so you can analyse after your activity where you burned most fat
  • Let There Be Light Setting allows to turn the light on between sunset and sunrise

Big Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory or more (Edge 820, Oregon 7, Rino 7, Edge 1000, Edge 1030):

• All features of Connect IQ 2 devices with 128k memory specified above
  • Option to show Background image
  • Peter, Thank you for this new All in One App. I find it quite useful for training runs, such as today's tempo run, as it provides me all of the information I need on just one screen. The font type and sizes on the Garmin 935 are quite easy to read. I liked the "Let there be Light!" feature, as it is quite dark when I start my morning runs.

I think there may be a problem with the display of Power in this app on Garmin 935. I have selected Power for Row 1 middle field, but this field shows 0 throughout the run. I have included power (Stryd Power as an IQ field) on a separate screen as well, where the right value is shown.

The colour highlighting of HR based on the Garmin HR Zone settings is quite useful. Would it be possible to add similar colour highlighting for the Power field based on the FTP zones in the watch?
  • I don't have a Stryd myself but my understanding is that you can:
    - connect the Stryd pod as a footpod
    - connect the Stryd pod as a power meter
    - connect the Stryd pod as both footpod and powermeter (connect it first as a footpod and search for a power meter via the sensors menu)

For the power to show up in the All In One field it is necessary that the Stryd has been connected as power meter.

Coloring the power zones is a possibility, but the ftp value nor the percentages are provided by the api, neither are the watt values... so I would have to provide these as parameters inside the app (and more parameters consume more memory and I have very limited wiggle room as far as memory goes, so it's something I'll probably be only be able to provide in future watches)

• Thank you Peter. I tried the data screen in today's run with the Stryd pod connected as suggested by you (as a power meter), and it worked well. This is the only data screen I needed for today's training run and never had the need to change the screens.
    On coloring the Power field, I have the following suggestion: As the main idea about running with power is to maintain a constant value of Power for the main part of the training run, just a single parameter for Target Power would do. If power is within the range of target +/- 10, the field can show green. If it is below the range, show red. If above the range, show blue.

The coloring would be particularly helpful in your race data fields or apps, as this would allow one to monitor both the goal pace as well as goal power.
  • The target power would be indeed useful in the pacer apps (so I've added it on my to do list to add it in those).

In the All In One app I feel the usage should be more general purpose as for one training you might focus on total different zones than for the next zone. A way that could possibly work is to provide a comma seperated list of 7 values and interprete that list within the app (but I'm not sure that logic will fit into memory). Could you give me some insight in power wattages (low/upper) I could use for defaults that would fit the modal athlete? You could also just specify yours, if I have enough memory you won't have to change the parameters :)
  • Looks nice. I will test it out. And give you a donation if I am happy with it :)
  • Released v1.1:
    - Added option to choose dark background
    - Added new field option to combine time of day + battery percentage in upper/lower field (only for round connect iq 2 devices)
  • Dear Peter!

I have tested the newest version. I have a Fenix 5X with the latest software. I have some issues/suggestions:
    • Combined time of day + battery does not work. Instead there is a "?" mark.
    • Coloring for cadence (running) does not work. It is always red.
    • Would be great to add total ascent as data filed (for biking or trail running it is really useful).
    • Would be great to be able to customise lower fields (time, distance)
    • When elevation profile is set as upper or lower field the symbol of the elevation does not use all the "field space".
    Otherwise great datafield, keep up the good work. The donation well worth it :)
    • Combined time of day + battery does not work. Instead there is a "?" mark.
    This means that the settings part of the app was updated, but the app itself was not updated. I've seen this happen before, it's a bug on the Garmin side of things. To resolve the issue: uninstall the app and re-download the app.
    • Coloring for cadence (running) does not work. It is always red.
    I have blue / green / red coloring coded, but the current hard coded limits are indeed unreasonably steep, so I'll adjust it to something more reachable...
    (I'm open to suggestions for the zones).
    • Would be great to add total ascent as data filed (for biking or trail running it is really useful).
    I see if I can add this within the general CIQ2 memory limit... (it's juggling with bytes)
    • Would be great to be able to customise lower fields (time, distance)
    While it would be possible on the fenix 5x (as that device has much more memory available than other CIQ2 devices), it won't be possible to add this for other CIQ2 devices. This means I would have to put in a lot of effort that only a limited subset of users would be able to benefit from. (and I wouldn't be one of them as I don't have a fenix 5x ). Maybe I'll add this *if and when* I obtain a CIQ3 device (that hopefully has more memory to add more stuff - I have quite a list of features I still want to add to this All In One field )
    • When elevation profile is set as upper or lower field the symbol of the elevation does not use all the "field space".
    Ooh that looks indeed pretty ugly indeed :)
    It's the perfect graph position for the back to start graph but for the elevation graph it doesn't fit. I'll fix it.
  • I will try to reinstall the datafield, and test again.

My suggestion for the runnning cadence coloring would be:
    • 0-160: blue
    • 160-180: green
    • 180-...: red
  • Hi,

I tried the Datafield as a single DF on the "Walk" activity on my Vivoactive HR. I enabled recording to fit file for steps recording.

FIrst I tried it in combination with 4 other pages with inbuilt fields, but I got IQ! after some minutes on the AIO-Field when scrolling through the pages. The other fields showed correct data.
    Activity got recorded but missing the additional values like steps, fat....
    Today I tried as the only DF but after about 5-10 minutes the single field showed IQ!. I let it run till my finish (not any data displayed during the walk) and stopped the activity.
    Activity was also recorded fine but without the additional values.

Is this a memory problem ? Any advice which settings to choose on my VHR to get steps recorded ?
    Thank you !
    Harry